Henrik Colding-Jorgensen: Babylon
f. piano and symphony orchestra
Copyright ã 1984 H. Colding-Jorgensen. Manuscript.
(12) - ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’
(14) ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you.
All your luxury and splendor have vanished,
never to be recovered.’
(16) - ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
(17) In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’
(18) - ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’
(19) - 'Woe! Woe to you, great city,
where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’